There are many experts believe that before you start any diet seriously and that even includes one like a 10 day green smoothie diet, you should do a cleanse first. It is believed that you need to remove toxins in your body in order for any diet that you decide to go on to be successful.
Reasoning Behind a Ten Day Green Smoothie Diet Plan Cleanse
The reason why many experts believe that you should include a ten day cleanse before fully going on any kind of diet, including any kind of green smoothie diet you might choose to go on. It is believed that the very first step in being able to lose weight is detoxification. This means you need to remove the toxic overload that your body has. Toxins can be stored in the fat cells and they can be hard to get rid of when you just try to diet alone. It’s important that you first detoxify your body. The best diet programs need to focus on both detoxification and fat loss which in the end will lead to better health overall. With a ten day green smoothie cleanse you will detoxify your body by eliminating certain foods for ten days and then you reprogram your taste buds to desire more nutrient rich foods.
Foods to Eat on Ten Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
• All your ingredients need to be raw. Use only green leafy vegetables, fruits and water in any green smoothies while on this ten day cleanse.
• You should use dark green leafy veggies like arugula, beet greens, bok choy, carrot tops, chard, collard greens, dandelion greens, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, parsley, radish tops, spinach, turnip greens, and watercress.
• Remove all the stems from the greens for a much better taste. Rotate the greens you use so they don’t build up harmful amounts of alkaloids.
• Smoothies can contain about 40% of protein but if you feel like you need more protein than this you can add protein powder to your green smoothie. Just add a scoop of it once a day to your smoothies. The best to use would be a rice, hemp, or soy protein powder.
• The fruits you can add are immense, here are just a few of the fruits that you can include in this cleanse, apples, bananas, blueberries, grapes, mango, peaches, strawberries, pineapple. If you happen to be a diabetic make sure you use fruits with low sugar and monitor your blood sugar. You also might want to check with your doctor first before going on a green smoothie diet. Some of the low sugar fruits are grapefruits, lemons, cherries, strawberries, cranberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
• The fruits that you use can be fresh or frozen. When using fresh fruit make sure the fruit is ripe before putting them in your smoothies.
• You can add superfoods like maca or acai berries in your smoothies as well.
• Ground flaxseed can also be added to these smoothies.
• As a sweetener it’s recommended that you use Stevia.
• The best thing to do is try to use organic fruits and veggies. If you can’t then make sure you wash them off good before using.
• Use bottled water for your smoothies, tap water in most places is not recommended for making smoothies.
Instructions for Green Smoothies
Make sure that you drink up to 60 ounces of your favorite green smoothies each day of this ten day cleanse. Follow recipes that you can find in books or online that are designed for detox and weight loss. Never use juices in your smoothies when you are on the ten day cleanse. It’s easier to make the entire amount of smoothie at the start of the day and then use 1/3 of the whole batch about every 3 to 4 hours during the day. This important because it helps keep your metabolism revved up. Try to chew the smoothies as much as you can because this will help you avoid bloating and gas.
If you get hungry during the day and it’s not time for a smoothie it’s alright to snack a little on things such as apples, celery, carrots, cucumbers or some other crunchy veggie. You can also snack on unsalted nuts and seeds.
You can also include high protein snacks that include unsweetened peanut butter and hard boiled eggs.
Daily Routine for Ten Day Cleanse
Here is a simple routine you can follow for this ten day cleanse that will help you be more prepared for your green smoothie diet.
• Start each morning off by drinking a few glasses of water to replenish the water you often lose overnight.
• Follow the water with a cup of green tea for cleansing support for your liver and kidneys. You can add Stevia to add more flavor.
• Make sure to drink a lot of water all during the day. You should drink at least eight glasses of water each day along with green tea or herbal teas like peppermint, chamomile, dandelion root, ginger tea, and ginseng tea.
• For the first several days you are going to feel pretty hungry and even irritable. Snack a little until your body adjusts to less food. It’s okay to snack to get rid of the hunger. But, don’t snack all day because you won’t lose any weight.
Typical Detoxification Symptoms
There can be some side effects when you go on a ten day cleanse that could include the following:
• Muscle aches
• Skin rashes
Foods to Avoid While on Ten Day Cleanse
When following a ten day cleanse it’s best to avoid the following foods for this to work.
• Starchy veggies
• Refined sugar
• Refined carbs like pasta, donuts, white bread
• Processed foods
• Fried foods
Once you have finished the ten day cleanse you should find it a lot easier to follow whatever green smoothie diet plan that you want.